HHW Drop-Off Center
PLEASE, Register Your Visit in Advance
To drop-off household wastes such as chemicals, paint, TVs, electronics, Freon containing materials, tires, etc., please register your visit in advance. This enables us to still collect township data, predict drop-off volumes, staff our facility accordingly and support justification for our program. For more information on what we do and do not accept please visit the "Materials Accepted" part of our website under the HHW Drop-Off Center tab.
- Please register your visit in advance and arrive at the time you registered.
- We have a right to refuse any materials we feel are unsafe. Do not bring materials possibly contaminated with COVID-19.
- Only Hamilton County residents can use our services. Materials from businesses, non-profits, contractors, etc. or out of county residents will NOT be accepted.
- Proof of residency is required such as a valid drivers license, tax id form or current utility bill with a form of ID.
- Please remain in your vehicle until you are in the unloading zone. Please follow the technician's directions on where to put your materials.
Proper handling is very important. Materials pose many safety hazards if not packed for transportation properly. Below are a few tips to take in consideration before bringing your materials into the HHW center. Please see our Materials Accepted page for a break down of items that may be dropped off.
- Place items containing liquid into plastic totes to avoid a mess in your vehicle.
- Avoid packing items in trash bags or grocery bags, as they can spill easily if not upright.
- Do not mix fragile items, such as light bulbs, with other materials.
- Do not pour materials together, as a violent reaction can occur.
- Make sure your material is in the original container and properly labeled.
- Materials that are not packed safely may not be accepted at the HHW Center.
- As always, follow manufacturers recommendations for safe handling and use.
If you have questions regarding the packaging of materials, you may contact the HHW Center during regular business hours.
FACILITY IS UNDER SURVEILLANCE, DUMPING IS PROHIBITED
- Items not placed in the corresponding containers will be considered illegally dumped. The area is under surveillance.
- Violation of illegal dumping ORDINANCE SEC. 13-21-4-1, upon conviction, shall be fined an amount not to exceed $2,500.00.