146th St. West - Phase 4
10/13/2020: Construction is now underway. Traffic along 146th St. will be maintained during construction.
Road Closures / Traffic Restrictions
- Effective on or after Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 146th Street will be under a traffic shift for each direction of travel. This shift is expected to last approximately 60 calendar days, tentatively opening back up to traffic by December 1, 2020. This will permit crews to tie into the roundabout itself.
Once motorists reach Shelborne Road heading eastbound, they will stop at Shelborne Road and be directed south onto Shelborne Road, via signage, onto the roundabout that will connect back to the existing 146th Street.
Once motorists reach Shelborne Road heading westbound, they will be directed north onto Shelborne Road, via signage, and must turn left onto the new frontage road that will connect back to the existing 146th Street. > Map of traffic shift
- Little Eagle Creek Avenue south of 146th Street will be closed for approximately 120 calendar days beginning on or after Monday, August 10, tentatively opening back up to traffic by the end of December. Local and emergency traffic will have access to Overbrook Farms and The Preserve at Bear Creek subdivisions via Little Eagle Creek Avenue from the south only, or via 141st Street.
- Hamilton Boone County Road between 146th Street and 156th Street is expected to be closed for a period not to exceed 30 calendar days beginning on or after Monday, September 14th. Local traffic will continue to have access to their homes, while thru traffic is asked to seek an alternate route.
All Phases: 146th St. from Boone Co. to Spring Mill Rd.
- Phase 1 - Spring Mill Rd. to Ditch Rd. Opens a New Window. - Construction complete
- Phase 2 - Ditch Rd. to Towne Rd. Opens a New Window. - Construction complete
- Phase 3 - Towne Rd. to Shelborne Rd. Opens a New Window. - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Phase 4 - Shelborne Rd. to Boone Co. Opens a New Window. - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The expansion of 146th Street will continue from west of Springmill Road to the Boone County Line. The road will be reconstructed to a 5-lane section with center median. 146th Street will be limited access with no drives or curb cuts allowed between mile points. Frontage roads will be utilized parallel to 146th Street to access homes / businesses. Roundabout intersections are planned at the mile points (ie. Eagle Creek Road, Shelborne Road, Towne Road, and Ditch Road).
- Design Firms: USI Consultants
- Contractor: E&B Paving
- Construction Start Date: Spring 2020
- Construction Completion: Spring / Summer 2021
- Construction Cost: TBD