The Latest Addition to Strawtown Koteewi Park
Koteewi Lake - Recreational Waters, is set to open and offer adventures of the aquatic nature!
The twenty-acre body of water will provide ample fishing challenges for serious sportsman, as well as novice anglers. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources will monitor the lake - and a valid fishing license will be required. And while swimming is not permitted, quiet boating activities - canoeing, kayaking and sailing - will allow casual navigation and enjoyment of nearby wildlife. The boat ramp will accommodate a variety of watercraft (use of electric trolling motors only). Lakeside, you'll find free public parking, as well as shelter available on a first come - first served basis.
Rules and Regulations
- A valid Indiana State fishing license is required at Koteewi Lake
- Hamilton County Parks and Recreation Department strongly encourages catch and release fishing at this location
- No swimming, wading, or inflatable rafts of any kind are permitted
- Koteewi Lake only allows electric trolling motors and is a no wake lake
- Shore fishing is only allowed in designated areas at the public access sites
- Dangerous steep underwater drop-offs. No access permitted behind fencing
- Koteewi Lake operational hours are dawn to dusk and closed at night
- No open fires permitted
- Picnic shelter is first-come, first-served. Please share when possible
- Please follow Leave No Trace policy: carry out all trash and litter
- Please respect others’ peace and quiet
- All state fishing rules and regulations enforced and can be found at in.gov/dnr/fishwild