Structure #33044 - Joyce Ave. over unnamed Ditch
Reason for Project
The existing structure is a 3-sided precast concrete arch with chip & seal roadway. Deterioration has occurred at various locations along the structure. Currently, the geometry of the structure is one lane with s-curves on both sides.
Proposed design will widen the roadway and structure to two 12 foot lane and 4’ shoulder. The roadway will improve sight distance along the curve. The new structure will be able to accommodate Q100 flood event with additional 2 feet of free board for flood events.
- Design Firm: Hanson Professional Services
- Inspection Firm: Hamilton County Highway Department
- Contractor: Hoosier Pride
- Construction Start Date: July 8, 2019
- Construction Completion: November 29, 2019
- Construction Cost: $721,000
This project will be funded using revenue from the County Option Income Tax fund.