Agency Operating Adjustments during Covid-19
Next update is expected September 1st, 2020 about 5 pm
Hamilton County Government Buildings are open to the general public. This includes the Judicial Center, Historic Courthouse, Health Department, Highway Department, Sheriff’s Office, Soil & Conservation District, Purdue Extension Office, and Weights & Measures. See announcements below for exceptions related to specific agencies; such as, Courts and Veteran’s Affairs.
- Visitors at any Hamilton County property or facility are required to wear a face mask (and need to provide their own mask). Check our Face Mask Policy for exceptions.
- Please refer to the County's Covid-19 Preparedness and Response Plan for details concerning our operations and Covid-19.
- Point of Entry for the Judicial Center: use the Main Entrance on the East Side of the building.
- Point of Entry for the Historic Courthouse: use the West Door of the Courthouse.
- Individuals entering the Judicial Center or the Old Courthouse must:
- wear masks while in the building (You need to provide your own mask),
- maintain social distancing of 6 feet,
- use the hand sanitizer provided at the screening post,
- have their temperature checked at the discretion of the officers at the screening post. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed into the building.
Events and Cancellations:
Many in-person County Government meetings and events have been cancelled. Please check our County Calendar for the current status of any event.
Specific Operational Changes:
Posted on June 4, 2020Veteran Services is currently by Appointment Only. Please call them at 317-776-9610 to schedule an appointment.
Posted on May 18, 2020In response to concerns about COVID-19, the Hamilton Circuit and Superior Courts have declared an emergency operations plan which will change the way in which we operate. Read on...
Posted on March 20, 2020Hamilton County Encourages Residents to Conduct Business Online New Webpage Offers Complete List of Online Services Read on...