Food Rules & Regulations
Hamilton County food ordinance incorporates by reference state food safety regulations, exemptions, and civil penalty provisions for violators.
- Hamilton County Health Department Fee Schedule HCC 16-20-1-27 (PDF) - Effective December 1, 2011
- Ordinance are public accessible through Municode Type County Ordinance in the search window above to be redirected to their site.
Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) will not be producing hard copies of the new regulations for food establishments as with previous rules. Food Establishments are responsible for obtaining and maintaining knowledge of the current rules individually.
Indiana Department of Health Food Rule 410 IAC 7-24- Effective November13, 2004 410 IAC 7-24(107)(d) states, "The owner or operator of the retail food establishment shall maintain at least 1 copy of this rule on the premises at a all times. Immediate electronic access to this rule shall be considered acceptable."
Obtain a copy of the applicable rules and regulations by using the link below. You may print a hard copy, save a copy to your computer.
Certified Food Handler
- Certified Food Handler Rule (PDF) - Effective June 13, 2003
- Food Handler Certification FAQs (PDF)
- Food Handler Training Providers IDOH
- Indiana Civil Penalties Rule (PDF)
- HEA 1309 (PDF) - IDOH guidance document for Home Base Vendors
- SEA 190 (PDF) - Effective July 1, 2007 - IDOH guidance for Changes to the definition of a Food Establishment
SEA190 provides direction for the evaluation of church, religious, civic, fraternal, veteran or charitable organizations(s)
- Rule-410-IAC-7-15-5 (PDF) - Bed and Breakfast Establishments
Fairs, Festivals, Farmers Markets Per Hamilton County Ordinance 16-20-7, each location utilized for food handling and preparation activities is required to be separately permitted per each business establishment and inspected within Hamilton County.