Health Education Program
The Hamilton County Health Department is implementing building access and program procedures
The Health Department has implemented procedures as a Healthcare facility specific to protect all clients, customers and staff entering the building. Building Access and Program Access Polices will be in effect until further notice.
The Health Department is following the CDC recommendations for Healthcare facilities.
- Mask are required for public (over 2yrs of age) until further notice.
- Social Distancing will be identified and maintained in all lobby areas.
Thank you for you cooperation.
The Health Education Division has internship opportunities for undergraduates and graduate students majoring in public health, community health or health education. The student must be a junior or senior standing and must have completed a program development course. For more information about the internships opportunities, please contact the Health Department a 317-776-8500.
Health Education is a social science that draws from biological, environmental, psychological, physical and medical science to promote and prevent disease, disability and premature death through education-driven, voluntary behavior change activities.
Services & Duties
- Assess individual and community needs
- Conduct research
- Controversial health topics
- Develop education materials
- Encourage healthy behavior
- Evaluate health education programs
- Identify resources
- Implement health education programs
- Make referrals
- Manage health education programs
- Plan health education programs
- Social marketing
- Write grants
Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) are those who have met the standards of quality established by National Commission for Health Education Credentialing by successfully passing the CHES examination. The CHES designation after a health educator's name is 1 indication of professional competency.
Please see our for upcoming educational opportunities.