Personal Property Returns
Personal property returns for the 2021 pay 2022 tax cycle are due May 17, 2021. Any returns filed after May 17, 2021 will still be considered late and subject to penalties.
The Notice of Assessment Form 11's will be mailed each year by April 30th.
During statewide reassessments, county assessors physically inspect each property to ensure that records are correct. Inspection accomplishes the gathering of data to value the property. For example, does the property still have a free-standing garage and an above ground pool? By confirming this information, assessors can ensure properties are properly valued. Assessing officials will re-assess approximately 25% of the parcels in their jurisdiction (by property class codes) commencing May 1 to December 31 each year over a four year time frame.
Residential: Adams, Fall Creek, Noblesville and White River Townships
Agricultural: Fall Creek and Washington Townships
Industrial: Adams, Delaware, Jackson and Wayne Townships
The roles of the Assessor include:
- Assesses real and business personal property
- Evaluates real estate and business personal property appeals
- Oversees General Reassessment process
- Ensures countywide uniform property assessment
- Administers Sales Disclosure Process
- Discovers and identifies omitted property
- Certifies current assessments to the County Auditor's office
- Utilizes recent sales of land to establish base market rates and values
- Advises and instructs the County's Township Satellite Office Managers
If you need specific assessment values for your property or wish to question existing assessed values for your property, please call the appropriate Satellite Office location or contact our office .
Property Record Cards
Please find the time to check your Assessment Property Record Card for any errors. You know your property better than we do. Assessment Property Record Cards can be obtained through our Property Reports and Payments application (under Property Assessment), your Satellite Office, or the County Assessor.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your assessment. Please refer to our Office Locations to determine where to file Personal Property.