Personal Property Returns
Personal property returns for the 2023 pay 2024 tax cycle are due May 15, 2023. Any returns filed after May 15, 2023 will still be considered late and subject to penalties.
The roles of the Assessor include:
- Assesses real and business personal property
- Evaluates real estate and business personal property appeals
- Oversees General Reassessment process
- Ensures countywide uniform property assessment
- Administers Sales Disclosure Process
- Discovers and identifies omitted property
- Certifies current assessments to the County Auditor's office
- Utilizes recent sales of land to establish base market rates and values
- Advises and instructs the County's Township Satellite Office Managers
If you need specific assessment values for your property or wish to question existing assessed values for your property, please call the appropriate Satellite Office location or contact our office .
Property Record Cards
Please find the time to check your Assessment Property Record Card for any errors. You know your property better than we do. Assessment Property Record Cards can be obtained through our Property Reports and Payments application (under Property Assessment), your Satellite Office, or the County Assessor.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your assessment. Please refer to our Office Locations to determine where to file Personal Property.