Tier II Reporting
Hazardous Chemical Storage Reporting (Tier II) deadline is March 1
Reminder. Any facility required to do Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for hazardous chemicals/substances under OSHA regulations must submit an emergency and hazardous chemical inventory form annually. The deadline is March 1 annually.
Please refer to EPCRA 312(pdf) Opens a New Window.
EPCRA (EMERGENCY PLANNING & COMMUNITY RIGHT TO KNOW) SARA TITLE III REPORTING
What is EPCRA? - video
EPCRA, also known as SARA TITLE III, enacted in 1986, establishes requirements for federal, state and local governments, American Indian tribes, and industry regarding emergency planning and reporting on hazardous and toxic chemicals. The statute is designed to help communities deal safely and effectively with hazardous chemicals present in our communities. The law's primary objectives are to....
- Identify the storage, use, and release of chemicals;
- Foster communication between facilities that handle hazardous chemicals and their communities;
- Expand emergency planning for hazardous chemical accidents and enhance emergency response capabilities for hazardous chemical incidents.
Reporting - Due March 1st of each year
The majority of the responsibilities for implementing the SARA Title III program on behalf of the Indiana Emergency Response Commission (IERC) have been transferred from the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) to the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS). Reports and notifications required to be submitted to the IERC implementing section 302(c) (Emergency Response Planning; IC 13-25-2-3), section 311 (Hazardous Chemical Reporting; IC 13-25-2-8), and section 312 (Emergency and Hazardous Chemical Inventory Reporting/Tier II reports; IC 13-25-2-10) should now be submitted to IDHS beginning January 1, 2016, using a new online portal known as Tier 2 Manager
Presentation for Tier 2 Manager for Facility Users
For more information, please visit the Indiana Department of Homeland Security/Indiana Emergency Response Commission website: http://www.in.gov/dhs/3893.htm
Helpful ResourcesThe following links will provide additional information on EPCRA (SARA Title III Reporting)
- SARA Title III Decision to Report flowchart
- Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- EPA's List of Lists
- CAMEO (Computer-Aided Management of Emergency Operations)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- Emergency Response Guidebook Mobile app
- Hamilton County Superfund Reporting Requirements Ordinance