Payment Methods and Lender Information
To make a Tax Payment online, please use the Property Reports and Payments application. Visit the Pay Taxes Online page for detailed instructions.
Pay by Mail
We accept personal checks, certified checks, and money orders. Make checks payable to the Treasurer of Hamilton County. Mail must be postmarked by the due date. Postmark does not mean the date printed by a postage meter that affixes postage to the envelope or package per IC 6-1.1-37.10. Returned, delayed, lost, or misdirected mail may become delinquent. Please ensure the mailing address is complete and accurate, obtain proof of mailing date, and use the correct amount of postage.
Mail your payment to:
Hamilton County Treasurer
33 N 9th Street, Suite 112
Noblesville, IN 46060
Pay at the Treasurer's Office
The Hamilton County Treasurer's Office is the collection agency for Hamilton County Tax Revenue. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office is closed to observe legal holidays. We accept checks, cash, cashier's check, and money orders. Make checks payable to the Treasurer, Hamilton County. Credit card payments are not accepted in the office but can be made on-line. (See instructions above.)
The Treasurer's office is on the first floor of the Historic Courthouse in downtown Noblesville.
The Hamilton County Treasurer's Office has a collection box located at the east doors of the Historic Courthouse for tax payments to be deposited. Items deposited in the drop box are considered as a timely payments unless it is deposited after midnight on the tax deadline date at which it is considered late.
Pay at a Bank
The following Hamilton County Banks will accept payments of Hamilton County Tax Statements. You will need to provide your Tax Statement along with your payment. Bank policies vary; please check with the local branch concerning details such as hours, form of payment, and processing fees. Typically, bank locations outside of the County do not accept payment for County taxes. Banks may close earlier than the Treasurer's office; please plan accordingly. Banks are not allowed to accept payments after the official deadline.
- BMO Harris Bank
- Community First Bank of Indiana
- Farmers Bank
- First Farmers Bank
- First Merchants Bank
- Horizon Bank
- Merchants Bank of Indiana
- Star Financial Bank
Lender Payment InformationNew lenders wanting to set up payment files, please contact the office for more information.
The Treasurer's Office has made a special effort to accommodate lenders and banks in such a way that individual taxpayers benefit as well. Please use the following resources:
- The Lender's Tax Report provides current balances due for lenders and banks that service less than 1,000 parcels in Hamilton County. It is also an easy way for larger lenders to locate parcels that have been overlooked (provided the lender has balances due on less than 1,000 parcels). Access is restricted, please contact the Treasurer's office to obtain instructions for use of this service.
- Lenders that service more than 1,000 parcels must contact the Treasurers office to request access to our FTP data. Also know that this data is strictly for your information and is to not be used for selling, advertising or solicitation, per County Ordinance #12-23-96-A
- Property Reports and Payments provides detailed tax information for an individual statement, such as date and amount for each posted payment. While this application is intended for our individual taxpayers, it is useful for lenders when researching a specific parcel.
- We also have public access terminals available on site.
Online Data Maintenance
Due to maintenance tasks, there are occasions when current posted payments are not reflected online (nor in the Lender FTP data):
- The month prior to the mailing of tax statements
- At year-end (which may extend into February)
For some of the properties you service, our records may not reflect that you are the lender. This means that property lists derived from our data alone may not be complete for your intended purpose. Please compare our data to your own to identify other parcels that you need to research. Information for those additional parcels is included in the Lender FTP data and the Property Reports and Payments.