How can I start using the Prosecutor's Office to get my child support?
Any custodial parent who is receiving TANF benefits (formerly AFDC payments) from the State of Indiana has assigned their child support rights to the State of Indiana, and must cooperate in trying to establish, enforce or modify a child support order for their children. The child support payments in these cases reimburses the State for benefits received by the children. The parent will receive letters and notifications from the child support division concerning their case, and may have to make an appointment to discuss their case. When the custodial parent is no longer receiving TANF benefits, the child support amount for current child support will be directed to him/her.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to let the non-custodian of my child(ren) have visitation when child support is never paid?
2. How can I start using the Prosecutor's Office to get my child support?
3. How long does it take for my child support to start coming?
4. My husband/boyfriend was arrested for domestic battery, but we just had a misunderstanding. What if I want to drop the charges?
5. The non-custodial parent of my child(ren) works for cash and has not held a job for over 3 months. He has never paid a cent on his child support order. Can you help me get child support from him?
6. What can I do if I want to stop using IV-D services?
7. What is the other name I keep hearing for the Child Support Division?