Can my probation be transferred?

Generally, yes. If you reside in another state or county, you may request to have your probation transferred to your local jurisdiction. However, transfers are subject to approval by both Hamilton County and the receiving jurisdiction, depending on a number of different criteria. When transferring to another county, within the state of Indiana, there is a mandatory transfer fee of $75 payable to the receiving county after they accept supervision of the case. When transferring to another state, there is a mandatory transfer fee of $125 payable to Hamilton County prior to transfer and prior to leaving the State of Indiana.   Probationers who are allowed to transfer to other states or counties are required to abide by the local rules of probation as well as Hamilton County Probation rules.

Show All Answers

1. Can my probation be transferred?
2. Can I leave the state while on probation?
3. How are cases assigned?
4. Are my records public information?
5. Can I access court records online?
6. Does my employer have to know I'm on probation?
7. How do I pay my fees?
8. Does the Clerk's Office take personal checks or credit cards?
9. How often do I have to report?
10. Can my probation officer come to my home while I'm on probation?
11. What is a pre-sentence investigation?
12. Will I have drug screens while I'm on probation?
13. How can I get in touch with a Probation Officer?