If my loved one was a veteran does the VA pay for the funeral?
If the veteran was discharged under other than dishonorable circumstances both Hamilton County and the Federal Government
Contribute a portion of the funeral expenses. For detailed information regarding covered expenses, memorial markers, plaques and burial flags, call the Hamilton County Veterans Services Office at 317-776-9610. The Veterans Services Officer will assist you in obtaining the proper forms and filing the proper applications. The Veterans Affairs Office is located in the County Judicial Center at 1 Hamilton Square, suite 179 in Noblesville, Indiana.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if a loved one passes away at home?
2. If my family member is in hospice what do I do?
3. How do I proceed if cremation is the wish of the decedent or family?
4. What if I am destitute and have no funds for funeral expenses?
5. If my loved one was a veteran does the VA pay for the funeral?
6. How do I obtain death certificates?
7. How long will it take to obtain the death certificate?
8. What if my loved one dies in the hospital?
9. What about organ donation?
10. How do we make donations of my loved ones remains to science?
11. Why are autopsies performed?
12. Who pays for the autopsy?